Who We Are
For over a decade, we’ve helped our clients anticipate obstacles, shape strategies, and bring their plans to life.
Over the years, Podium has perfected a streamlined process to efficiently overcome obstacles.
Podium taps into and harnesses your team’s collective brainpower through a series of interactive workshops to create a comprehensive, actionable strategic plan.
Podium uses digital tools to help facilitate and create engaging and productive planning sessions.
What We Do
Insights and Analysis
Our process begins with a thorough examination of your business landscape. Like you, we understand the interconnected nature of the healthcare industry. Succeeding in this space requires an ability to filter complex information from various sources to arrive at salient conclusions. Our proven ability to find clarity through the chaos allows us to present relevant insights about target demographics, key stakeholders, regulatory concerns, and more.
Whether launching a new product, or repositioning an established one, a comprehensive understanding of your unique market helps us work with you to identify your key issues, and get everyone on the same page before making any strategic decisions.
Examples of Insights & Analysis Offerings:
- Stakeholder analysis
- Financial forecasting
- Environmental scan
- Business case development
- Primary market research
- Secondary market data analysis
This is where the strategic work begins. Our process of strategic development has consistently helped guide brand teams through a structured, but collaborative decision-making framework, grounded in the insights gained from the earlier Insights & Analysis phase.
Using a variety of discussion generating exercises and digital tools, our workshops take cross-functional teams through building a detailed SWOT; assessing the major challenges on the horizon; and developing the strategies and tactics to position the brand for both short and long-term success. We take care of all aspects of workshop development, execution, and delivery of final outputs, to minimize impact on your team’s day-to-day work and focus them entirely on valuable discussion.
We recognize that every business will have unique challenges, so our process is modular and can be adapted to align more closely with your needs. To tie it all together, final outputs can be consolidated and managed long-term with our proprietary app SPIDER to keep the group on track after the planning workshops have been completed.
Examples of strategy development offerings:
Implementation and Tracking
In this final phase of our process we help you communicate your brand strategy and implementation plan. The full list of strategies and tactics is pared down and prioritized, and the details are fleshed out so it remains clear and logical long after the workshops are over. Finally, budgets and accountabilities are assigned, with the specific goals of each tactic clearly defined.
With this level of detail, teams can then use our SPIDER, Podium’s proprietary online app, to monitor real-time progress, track milestones, and make ongoing adjustments; thereby keeping the entire team accountable, and aware of how everything is coming together.
Examples of Plan Consolidation offerings:
- SPIDER – Online Plan Execution Tool
- Launch planning and support
- Compensation planning
How We Do It
We manage all stages of the development, execution, and delivery of final outputs. This minimizes interruption to your daily schedule, and allows the team to focus on participation.
Cross Functional Workshops
Our structured workshops provide an opportunity for cross-functional teams to add value efficiently to the planning process.
The use of digital tools enables us to capture the efforts of the team during the session, in a real-time, collaborative manner, and create functional outputs promptly thereafter.
Meet Our Team
OWNER / PRESIDENT
- Over 25 years pharmaceutical consulting, sales and marketing management experience
- Former Director of Strategic Planning at sanofi-aventis
- Supported the development of more than 100 corporate, portfolio and plans over the past 5 years
- Extensive launch experience
- Strong team leadership skills
- Project support in the areas of corporate / portfolio / vision development and strategic planning, market opportunity assessments and management support programs
- Experience in leading organizational change through effective planning support tools and methodologies
- BSc (Specialist) degree from the University of Toronto and MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario
- Over 15 years in the pharmaceutical industry with experience as an analyst, sales representative and consultant
- Former Business Information Analyst and Sales Representative at Pfizer Canada
- Technical lead on field force level projects involving segmentation and call plan development; establishing zoning and routing plans; sales report and CRM tool training
- Project support in the areas of compensation plan development and administration, quota allocation, promotional/ROI analysis, and sales reporting and analysis
- BSc (Honours) degree from McMaster University and MBA from the DeGroote School of Business McMaster University
- Over 5 years of pharmaceutical consulting and analytics experience for various EU/ US clients
- Former Sr. Analyst at Kinapse Lifesciences Advisory Services and WNS Global Services Ltd. (UK/ India)
- Extensive experience in various pharma domains – Medical Affairs, Market Access, Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Operations
- Hands on experience working on brand/ functional plans, interview design and facilitation, data analytics, forecasting, KPIs and dashboards
- B.Pharm (Pharmacy, B.Sc.) degree from Gujarat University (India) and Pharma MBA from NIPER, National Institute of Pharma Education and Research (India)
- Previous experience providing advisory to clients and proven ability in establishing strong relationships with senior management
- Strong analytical skills and experience building KPI dashboards, forecasting financial models, and compiling and analyzing key ratio reports
- Expertise in leading and managing projects to meet tight deliverable deadlines
- Spearheaded various initiatives geared towards process optimization and accuracy improvement
- B.Comm degree from University of Toronto and Chartered Professional Accountant candidate
- Experienced in supporting and developing business plans for commercial and medical heads for various biotech and pharma companies across North America.
- Strong team leadership skills co-founding and presiding student organizations at the University level.
- First place in national business case competition hosted by Graduate Management Consulting Association.
- International scientist pursuing research opportunities in Canada and the USA on academic scholarships.
- Bachelor’s of Health Science and Master’s of Biomedical Discovery and Commercialization from McMaster University
Web App Developer
- Over 4 years of experience in developing Ruby on Rails based web applications and native iOS mobile applications
- Participated in the design and development of many fully customized Rails based CMS/CRM solutions for enterprise clients and small businesses
- Maintained and refactored a range of web and mobile apps while providing guidance to other team members in an Agile environment
- Honours Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) degree from University of Waterloo